Essentials

Passion. People. Life.

Monday, January 23, 2012

If I Die Young

My best friend told me someone we saw last month passed away not too long ago and I thought I would produce this piece while listening to "If I Die Young" by The Band Perry. The thought of how short life is got me thinking and writing. An ironical piece for the first day of Chinese New Year.

If I am called tomorrow,

I just want you to know that you will be fine without me.
You have been through so much I know you are so much stronger, so much more independent now.

Sometimes it seems unfair for you but I know you are called for something great.

You still have so much to learn, so much to discover from the world; So remain close to the Lord.
Be rational; do not follow your emotions and know that family will always back you up no matter what happens.


If I am called tomorrow,

I just want you to know that I am sorry I could not travel the world with you and realised much of our dreams that we planned together.

Be confident because you are beautiful. It takes a little bit of time and a little faith to see what is in store for you.

You must know that there is something very special about you, something that is already there but you just can't see yet.

I see it and thank God for you in my life.

If I am called tomorrow,

I just want you to know I do not know how come I still included you guys here.

Perhaps because I do care about you guys.
I need you to know that once upon a time my self worth was deeply wounded by your treatment.
You apologised. Explained. And I accepted every word.
I am sorry I created the distance between us and drifted apart.
I still have bits of insecurities every time I am around you so avoiding is the best way.
Thank you all the same for making me stronger.
Take care, guys.
Know that you guys are still dear to me.
I hope you realized by now how much I am worth.


If I am called tomorrow,
I just want you to know that all of you are the ones who made my life so beautiful.

Thank you for showing me and assuring me that I am worth more than I think I was.

Thank you for making me smile and laugh when misery was a tidal wave trying to drown me.
Thank you for believing in me.
How could I make it through without all of you.


If I am called tomorrow,

I just want you to know that I prayed about us.

I was pretty confident about you and me.
I was waiting.
And I
did hope.
At least now I know it is not meant to be.

I wish you every happiness.


If I am called tomorrow,
I know I am loved.
I know I loved.
I am reluctant but I'll go.
I hope I have done my part well.

No comments:

Post a Comment